What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies…
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facbook, Twitter, Pinterest, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
Your privacy and personal data
We gladly inform you about the processing of your personal data
We store your personal and medical data digitally, in order to provide you with good care. We process your personal data according to our privacy and data safety policy. You agree with this storage (processing) by having your care carried out by our practice.
This is how we process your personal data:
- Your personal data is stored and used in order to provide you with good care.
- Your personal data is only shared with other parties in order to provide good care. When it is legally necessary to ask your permission first, we will ask this particular permission beforehand.
- Your personal data is processed in accordance with the treatment agreement as described in the ‘Medical Treatment Contracts Act’ (in Dutch: WGBO).
- You may see parts of your personal data. If you are interested in this, please send us a written request.
- You may request us by letter to adjust your personal data, when you think your personal data that we have stored is incorrect.
- You may request us to erase your personal data. When we do so, we are (or may) not be able to provide you with good care. The Dutch ‘Medical Treatment Contracts Act’ demands a holding period of 15 years. In that case we store your data in an inactive archive, invisible and unusable for normal users.
- You may withdraw your given permission regarding us processing your personal data. When you do so, we are (or may) not be able to provide you with good care any longer. In that case we store your data in an inactive archive (see above).
- You may object to the way we process your personal data.
- We will inform you when something goes wrong with your personal data.
- We store your personal data only for as long as necessary to provide you with good care. We do this according to the legal holding period stated by the ‘Medical Treatment Contracts Act’.
- Everything stated above also applies to personal data we receive from third parties.